Our client operates hundreds of wholesale membership warehouses worldwide. They provide a wide
selection of brand name merchandise, specialty departments and exclusive member services.
Business & Technical Challenges
Our client was experiencing performance and maintenance issues with its legacy system for
processing payroll. With a user database of over 35k employees in Canada and 4k in Australia, the
existing system could not adequately handle additional users and payroll-related functions such as
HR, timekeeping, payroll tasks and reports. Other challenges:
- Lack of security and data integrity with current system
- Lacked quality assurance/testing resources
- Limited documentation on all systems (SAP Employee Central, Kronos, Payroll)
- Backlog of over 100 pending and new reports
- Lack of testing to resolve software bugs
- Needed maintenance for HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) web-based tool
To solve these challenges, our client chose to replace the legacy system with SAP SuccessFactors
Employee Central for human resource functions and Kronos for timekeeping.