Increased personalization with digital itinerary program implemented at luxury travel organization
- Posted on : June 16, 2018
- Industry : Travel and Hospitality
- Service : Software Engineering
The client is one of the world's leading travel organizations providing tailor-made luxury holidays and has won over 170 awards for its holiday services. The client currently offers the widest range of travel products with a huge choice of holidays, from tailor-made itineraries to escorted tours throughout the world.
Business and Technical Challenges that warranted a Digital Itinerary Program
- Need to introduce contemporary technologies into core business and anticipate changing market demands to remain competitive.
- Need to improve customer experience for the niche customer segment, highlighting personalization as a key differentiator.
- Provide customers an opportunity to seamlessly interact with their store teams nationwide and later expand the similar experience to other platforms including mobile.
- Challenges in offering both traditional “brick-and-mortar” and web based services. The client faced various challenges pertaining to application integration and business workflows such as:
- Upscaling AS/400 mainframe environment
- Setup of an exhaustive integration framework to connect peripheral systems with mainframe
- Change Management
- Rapid technology enablement of their personal