- Posted on : May 16, 2022
- Industry : Corporate
- Service : Cloud Infrastructure
- Type: Blog
Google Anthos manages applications to provide a consistent development and operations experience for cloud and on-premises environments. With Google Cloud-backed reliability, it unifies infrastructure and applications management across onsite and multiple public clouds.
Google Anthos is a software-based solution that acts as a Common Control Plane (CCP), providing consistent development and operations experience across hybrid, poly-cloud environments, and on-premises workloads. One immediate benefit is the need for less modernization cycle time. Anthos has multiple components, including Service mesh, config management, Ingress to Anthos, Anthos GKE, Migrate to Anthos, Traffic director, and cloud code.
A single control experience spanning all application locations manages all infrastructure.
This allows for starting small, then working up to the most mission-critical, revenue-driving needs when modernizing applications. The lessons learned through modernizing lower priority applications will help reduce the need to modernize more critical applications.
Using Anthos helps in these key areas:
- Simplifies multi-cloud management for enterprises
- Scales across different clouds and on-premises
- Prevents vendor lock-in and complexity
- Runs enterprise services efficiently and securely
- Optimizes and saves infra costs and reduces management overhead
- Modernizes existing applications incrementally
- Saves operational costs
- Centralizes managed applications
- Reduces business risk
With Anthos GKE takes advantage of Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE). GKE allows secured, managed, and simple installs and upgrades validated by Google. Administrators can run containerized applications, including stateful and stateless, AI and ML, Linux, and Windows. The platform leverages industry-first features such as four-way auto-scaling and no-stress management. You can also use integrated developer tools and get multi-cluster support from Google’s Site Reliability Engineers.
Some other benefits include:
- Set policy with Anthos Config Management with a central Git repository to
manage access-control policies such as role-based access control (RBAC), resource quotas, and namespaces across environments.
- Monitor and manage services with Anthos Service Mesh leveraging APIs and core components from Istio, a highly configurable and open-source service mesh platform. Anthos builds in fully managed service health, operational agility, and security mechanisms.
- Run Serverless Anywhere with Cloud Run for Anthos for high-level developer experiences that insulate development teams from the underlying infrastructure and make running operations teams’ services easier.
- Architect a secure software platform with Anthos and GitOps to build a secure software platform. Anthos complements GitOps, which applies version control to infrastructure and governance rules by using standard Git best practices in managing configuration changes.
- Deploy global load balancing across clusters and virtual machine (VM) instances in multiple regions with Traffic Director. This also allows health checking from service proxies and configuring sophisticated traffic control policies.
Infogain's cloud transformation and migration strategies, coupled with security best practices supporting open standards, enable our customers to realize their multi-cloud and multi-cluster strategy while maximizing the benefits of Google Anthos.
Contact us for a deep dive into our expertise in multi- and hybrid-cloud solution strategy at firstname.lastname@example.org.