The client is a home improvement e-commerce platform, selling to professionals and homeowners.
Powered by machine learning, our client’s technology platform maximizes efficiencies for buyers, sellers, and logistics.
Their workflows and technology didn't anticipate customer needs or support a cost-effective supply chain, making efficient inventory planning impossible and raising shipping costs. It also couldn't link other sellers with buyers worldwide.
Infogain's machine learning solution used predictive analytics for pricing optimization and inventory management to know what to have in stock before buyers thought to ask for it. Accurate planning allowed for greater freight density -- hemming more merchandise/goods into containers and saving on shipping costs. This in turn allowed for faster end-user order fulfillment.
We also built three portals to give the client greater insight into their business, allowing them to find and maximize efficiencies.
- Buyers now have advanced search and AI-powered recommendations.
- Sellers have access to the client’s supply planning and pricing tools and can add to their listings much more quickly.
- Logistics now has a window into real-time order tracking, shipment status, and invoicing with Pimcore as the product information management system to manage SKUs.
- Using Pimcore to manage SKUs gives Logistics a window into real-time order tracking, shipment status, and invoicing.
- Chatbots make sure questions are answered from all angles along the way.
All of this was executed in AWS and hosted in the cloud for maximum flexibility, transparency and mobility.
- Increased number of deliveries and reduced delivery costs through predictive AI.
- Created and executed a first-in-class technology platform that was a leader in the industry.
- Reduced the time to onboard new suppliers and their goods by a factor of 10.
- Lifted the total number of SKUs that the client can manage from 10,000 to 10 million.
Logistics now has a window into real-time order tracking.
Accurate planning allowed for greater freight density, saving on shipping costs.
Machine Learning allowed the client to know what parts to stock before buyers asked.
100xincrease in SKU tracking
10Mtotal items managed
730new sellers integrated