Our client had an existing device designed by a third party that tracked a car's location and maintenance needs. They wanted the data and applications brought in-house with goals of attracting more customers to their network, increasing revenue through subscriptions, and becoming a trusted brand for family-friendly offerings.
We built a GPS auto tracker utilizing a new architectural direction that focused on scalability and growth.
This included creating apps for iOS and Android that supported the devices with a friendly, intuitive interface, supporting those apps with a platform that could upscale rapidly for expected growth, then supporting and maintaining the entire operation after go-live.
We built the GPS auto tracker device from the ground up utilizing a new architectural direction focusing on scalability and growth due to the large amount of telemetry ingress required for the product. Owners can track the vehicle and driver behavior. They also see real-time diagnostics such as mileage, oil and tire pressure, and can see when the vehicle will need maintenance. The app also accesses a roadside assistance provider. To make it happen, Infogain did the following:
- Engineered a telemetry ingress pipeline to support large quantities of telemetry data from onboard diagnostics (OBD) devices.
- Repurposed the network connection to allow the car to be a WiFi hotspot.
- Created mobile apps for Android and iOS, focusing on customer experience and ease of use.
- Implemented DevOps CI/CD pipelines for automated builds and deployments to Azure cloud.
- Coordinated agile and scrum ceremonies through solution ownership of SDLC. .
- Integrated the platform with multiple third-party service providers for roadside assistance, fuel information, and vehicle descriptors.
- Automated testing to ensure the products met the client's users' expectations.
- Five new products that delight the client’s customers, engaging them with the client in new ways.
- A path for the client to capitalize on unmet market opportunities to grow.
- Enhanced cross-selling opportunities from branded mobile apps.
- Increased competitive advantage through increased speed-to-market time.
- Scalable options that integrate third-party developers quickly.
Five new apps helped our client attract more customers to their network, increasing revenue.
We created apps for Android and iOS that were easier to use.
We engineered the apps so owners could access real-time data about their vehicles.
100,000Subscribers for 1 product within a year after launch
80%Retail outlets across US carrying the products