Achieving Your Goals
Goals give us direction. They unleash a powerful force into play on a universal, conscious, and subconscious level and give our life clearer direction.
Why do so many people give up on their goals too early? I think most people abandon them because they don't understand the psychological aspects and lack effective strategies and techniques. Setting and achieving goal is really changing yourself for the long-term.
Let me help you realize your dreams and goals. My mantra is, "Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true!"
Here are five simple steps that can help you achieve your goal:
1. Set a practical goal for yourself – Be very practical at this stage. Setting irrational goals will make you achieve nothing and weaken your resolve. Preferably set a goal that is SMART.
2. Break goals into many smaller goals – To achieve a larger goal, you need to set smaller goals. The idea is to focus your energy on small, achievable tasks. Accomplishing smaller goals will finally pave the way for the one big goal you have your heart and mind set on.
3. Build a broad action plan – Design an outline or course of action on how you would achieve your goals and refer back to the plan to check up on what you are attaining. You don't need a detailed plan. Ask yourself: "what is the next action that I can perform to advance this goal?" There is magic in starting something. Lao Tzu said, "The journey of a thousand miles begins with but a single step." The trick is to continue taking each step.
4. Measure the inputs – Focus on doing your part towards achieving these goals. Nothing will happen without effort. Are you doing your best to move forward? For example, to run a marathon, I started with a 5 km run in a targeted time. I also kept a check on my food intake and pursued activities like going to the gym and practicing yoga to increase my endurance and strength.
5. Focus and persevere – Persistence is the key! Everybody has a bad day. Can you stay focused, rise and move forward?
Most importantly, believe in yourself!
Please share your experiences, thoughts and advice on how you have achieved your goals.
You will be the first to know when new items are added to Infogain's knowledge center.
The Infogain Team.
You are an existing user.