Our client’s software and technology is a hub for the global travel industry, connecting consumer apps, check-in kiosks, and reservations for airlines and lodging brands.
They have an API tool that gives its customers the ability to access its technologies like flight searches, but their current vendor fell short on qualitative and predictable outcomes.
Our client wanted travelers to have a seamless, omnichannel experience.
They were also held back with a backlog of enhancements, transformation benchmarks, and unmet technology requirements. To give their customers a seamless, omnichannel experience on an accelerated go-to-market schedule, Infogain was engaged to upgrade their next-generation reservations platform.
We modernized the client's tech stack, moving it to the Tier-1 REST API platform, resulting in end-to-end retailing capabilities that are more efficient, consistent, and competitive.
Elements of that solution included:
- Migrating nine functionally complex apps from MuleSoft to Java Spring Boot microservices.
- Supporting 41 apps other teams previously maintained.
- Engineering APIs to comply with US Department of Transportation currency processing
- Integrating low-fare search, payment changes, and ancillary refund functionality.
- Ensured APIs met airline and accommodation brands' needs in their proprietary apps.
To accomplish this, we staffed onshore, nearshore, and offshore cross-functional scrum teams to meet software release timelines. Our scrum teams provided monthly and quarterly API product releases that cleared a significant backlog of issues with the 25 airlines it supports.
As this engagement continues, we will enrich and enhance existing stateless ancillary APIs with more data for the airline customers' user experience and retail business.
- Saved $250K a year by discontinuing the MuleSoft license.
- Increased agility and scalability using micro services.
- More efficient, consistent, and competitive end-to-end retail capabilities.
The client's software and technology is a hub for the global travel industry.
Our solution integrated low-fare search, payment, and ancillary refund features.
We packed 25 airlines' needs into our solution.
9Functionally complex apps migrated
40+Legacy apps supported