Information technology consulting (IT consulting, Computer consultancy, Computing consultancy, technology consulting or business and technology services) is a field that focuses on advising businesses on how best to use information technology to meet their business objectives. In addition to providing advice, IT consultancies often implement, deploy, and administer IT systems on businesses’ behalf.For most businesses, 70%-80% of their IT budgets are spent on maintenance, leaving little for the advancement of business goals.
The challenges are clear:
* Fragmentation and proliferation of systems
* Unsuitable current technology / infrastructure / processes
* Technology infrastructure not scalable enough
* Evolving technologies and best practices
* Governance & regulatory compliance