As the application was globally used and accessed, Infogain proposed a multi-shore team and a scalable resource model that could scale up and down according to support needs during the various rollout phases of the project and across geographies.
In order to reduce complexity and optimize the support process, Infogain set up a single point of entry for support for all system related issues and queries across all user internal IT and field sales teams as well as external partner and customer groups.
Infogain had also led the design and development of the Oracle Fusion-based integration of the new quote-to-order application with Oracle 11i. Therefore, when putting together its Level II Support team, Infogain coupled its project-specific resources with its experienced support consultants to ensure the resulting group could identify issues and respond quickly as required to meet agreed upon SLAs.
The Infogain team acted as focal point for all ERP issues and was responsible for hardware vendor and Data Center co-ordination and issue resolution/escalations. In addition, the Infogain team provided:
- Day-to-day support for production and test environments
- Efficient closure of monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and yearly closing of books
- Higher end-user productivity.
Infogain applies modern frameworks and techniques to integrate applications to achieve a well integrated, high performance, highly scalable and maintainable system:
- Implementing a solution using integration products, best suited for given business requirements.
- Implementing Business Activity Monitoring for increased visibility.
- Implementing Governance which provides visibility & control on enterprise services.
- Implementing a secure solution by protecting Information in a diverse enterprise environment.
The client is a multinational corporation that specializes in transportation systems, process control systems, and production of installation components for energy management.
Business and Technical Challenges
The client was using Oracle Siebel 8.2 CRM system, with approximately 150 customer support agents utilizing the Service Request module. Support agents could not retrieve accurate information quickly, making it difficult to provide the desired level and speed of customer service.
The client’s overall technical and business challenges included:
- Slow search and delivery of information to customers
- Increased time and costs due to slow response to customer service requests
- Inefficiency due to lack of integration between desktops
- Insufficient context regarding customer’s needs
Solution & Scope of Work
During a 10-month timeframe, Infogain implemented the service-based integration solution that involved over 45 services from Oracle Fusion Middleware. It enabled the real-time integration of SFDC with in-premise systems, including Oracle EBS R12, Customer Master (CDH) and Siebel, allowing objects like opportunities, quotes, customer data, and sales user data to easily flow from one system to the next.
Once the Oracle Fusion-based services oriented architecture was fully established, the client’s global sales team immediately began generating orders within its ERP from quotes in SFDC. Other benefits included:
- Automatic updates to master data environment
- Plug-in based, new system could be added with less hassle
- EBS and Siebel were synchronized in parallel, allowing easy decommission of Siebel system
- Enabled reusability now that enterprise services were exposed
- JMS and HTTP-based, highly scalable architecture allowed other systems be added to the SOA ecosystem with ease
The challenges included maintaining and supporting the client’s legacy systems in test and production database servers centrally located at the Pune Development Center.
- Infogain first brought the live applications to the latest patch level for smoother
- Infogain provided support for all modules that were implemented.
- Infogain provided DBA Support for all database instances, including the Oracle ERP application and legacy applications, and provided backup services and tuning of all instances.
The client is a leading GSM mobile services operator with a robust retail network of exclusive stores and other outlets throughout India.