With increasing dependency on IT for efficient business functions, IT executives are facing the challenging task of lowering their application support costs while delivering high quality un-interrupted service. Often dominating the overall budget, application management – support, maintenance, and monitoring, optimization and QA – is a key area of focus.
As an IT manager your main challenge could be to balance the competing priorities of cost, resource flexibility and service improvement. You are aware of the benefits gained from this balancing act, however the key questions faced by IT managers are
• What improvements are required in current application management operations?
• How can improvements be measured?
• How should we go about transformation of application management operations?
• What are the industry best practices?
• How are other companies/competitors managing these challenges?